Monday, June 30, 2008

Flagstaff, AZ!


We are spending 2 weeks in Flagstaff with my parents. The big girls are going to soccer camp by day, and enjoying the cool weather in the afternoon. Reese started having lots of seizures right before we left. This happened last time we tried to leave town. My mom has a theory--maybe I am passing stress hormones on to her through breast milk. I am praying about whether maybe I should wean her so that I know exactly what she is getting. This is a very difficult decision for me because she loves nursing and it is the only thing that calms her down when she is cranky. Not to mention the fact that the health benefits of nursing wonderful and I don't want her to miss out on that.

I didn't report the GREAT week we had before this episode though. The week before was Reese's best yet! She was having fewer, shorter seizures and I was so encouraged! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the increases or decreases, so that is why I suspect possibly the breast milk.

God is teaching me to keep my eyes on HIM, no matter what is going on around us. He has put the story of Peter walking on water in front of me 4 times over the last week. Matthew 14:29-30 says "Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, Lord, save me!"
I know God wants me to focus on Him and trust Him with our circumstances. When I look at the wind and waves around us, it becomes overwhelming, scary, crazy...but when I keep my gaze on Jesus I am able to trust that all IS well. All will turn out well because we love Him and He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!