Monday, July 14, 2008

Mario D.


Mario is amazing. I cannot believe the depth of his faith. I have never met anyone who truly trusts the Lord as He does. I do not know where I would be without him. I have often said, "If we were both like me, we would be in big trouble." He often pulls me up off of the floor when I am having a pity party and speaks truth into my life. What a relief and a blessing it is to have someone who does not worry, who truly casts his cares upon Jesus. I am blessed. I was blown away tonight when he said, "I would not change a thing. I love our life. I love the way Reese is. I wouldn't change a thing about her. I would be honored to take care of her for the rest of my life. I can't believe God thinks that highly of us." I didn't know what to say--he is much more mature than I am.
The reality is this: Reese is seizing every day, many times a day, she is developmentally delayed; we have $10,000 in unpaid medical bills; we own 2 homes--not by choice. Yikes...yes, please keep praying.:)
And he wouldn't change a thing because of what God is doing in our lives. Because God has us where he wants us and he is preparing us for his service. Because God doesn't make mistakes and Reese is as she should be. Because God WILL provide.

3 comments:

  1. Mario is a good man. He is an awesome leader! We look at you both with admiration for all that God can reveal about Himself through His children - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and so much more! Praise God for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kerry
    i have tears in my eyes as i read this. such a beautiful peace mario has. i am inspired by the two of you. reese is very blessed that God choose you two to be her parents!
    jill b

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time!