Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Has it been 3 weeks?

I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted. This past month has been tough--like a roller coaster. I guess that may be how our cold and flu seasons will be with Reese. I have to guard her diligently, because a harmless cold to you and me will turn into a month of fevers, hospital visits, coughing...
Reese has been fighting a cold for the last 2 weeks. We had a few days of health, coming off of her last virus, and then she caught a cold. On Thursday she seemed lethargic, so I made an appt. with the Ped. Her oxygen levels were low and she thought her lungs sounded like pneumonia!! She ordered a chest xray STAT. Then she checked her ears and found a double ear infection. Didn't I feel like the mother of the year...
We went right to the hospital for the xray and found her lungs are clear! Praise the Lord. So we are treating the ear infections and waiting out the cough and cold. Can't wait to be healthy again. The seizures have been hanging out around 2 a day. It's been rough--please pray for a healthy body very soon.
Last night I sat with her on my chest before bed. I heard a giggle and looked down to see her looking at me, smiling. She's incredible.:)
Here's what God gave me today:
John 10:41
"Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man was true."
Luke 7:28
"Among those born of women there is no one greater." (Jesus speaking of John the baptist)

Here's what is so neat...John was an average man. He performed no miracles. His mission was to be a voice, causing people to think of Christ.
I am encouraged because some days I feel like I get nothing "important" accomplished. I feel like some days are filled only with feeding, cleaning, therapy, doc appts. But even those of us who do not seem to be doing anything significant can point to Christ by sowing seeds and talking about Christ. John was considered the greatest in the eyes of Christ. John's purpose was to point to Christ.
"Be willing to be only a voice that is heard but not seen, or a mirror whose glass the eye cannot see because it is reflecting the brilliant glory of the Son." George Matheson

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the ear infections, that is no fun. Every morning during my devotionals I write Reese's name on my arm so through out the day I can be praying for her and you guys. I hope that things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry,

    Your life points to Jesus! SO many of us watch you and see your incredible faith actively alive! This blog reaches a tremendous amount of people. Keep sharing! A simple word may be used by God to change a reader for life! Love you lots!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time!