Saturday, August 8, 2009

Teach us to number our days

I woke up this morning, looked at Reese and my very first thought was "thank you". Each breath reminds me to say thank you...for the way it sounds, for the way it looks, for the way it feels.
It made me think of this verse:
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

Wesley's Notes

90:12 Teach us - To consider the shortness of life, and the certainty and speediness of death. That - That we may heartily devote ourselves to true wisdom.

I love that verse. It reminds me that our life here is so short and that we need to devote ourselves to knowing God, seeking Him, listening to Him in silence, and staying focused on Him no matter what life brings.

Reese has not gagged at all today, so it seems the ER docs were right. She must have irritated her throat in pulling out her tube, which was causing her to gag and vomit. That seems to have healed! She is still seizing a lot and is very sleepy. Our Neuro told us to hang on til Monday when the new med (Lamictal) is scheduled to arrive. We are very hopeful that this will give her relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!