Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ok, Lord!

Hi Friends,

Reese has had a rough month. We have been fighting her seizure

disorder for 4 months and have tried 6 different medications. We do

not yet have control. We have a few more options, most of which have

the possibility of serious side effects. Our Neurologist has talked

about Vigabatrin since the beginning but we chose to begin with the

less threatening medications. Now that we have exhausted the other

options we are considering Vigabatrin. It is not available in the US

(we would have to order it from Canada or Mexico) because it can cause

blindness in some cases and partial vision loss in 1/3 of the cases.

We already know that Reese does not have perfect vision, so this is a

huge consideration for us. If she continues to seize daily, there is

no way for her to develop and progress normally. She is already

significantly delayed and has regressed since the onset of the

seizures in February. So, we are left with a very difficult

decision. Our doc said he wants us to think about it tonight and talk

with him tomorrow (Friday). We are going on a family vacation Sunday-

Saturday, then our doc leaves town for 2 weeks--that throws a little

wrench in our plans too but nothing too big for our God! So we need

prayer--for wisdom in decision-making, peace, confidence, clear

answers, protection over Reese's eyes, healing for her brain. Please

also pray that God would have his hand on her during our vacation. We

are going to a dude ranch in Colorado to celebrate my parents' 40th

anniversary. Please pray that the altitude would not adversely affect

Reese and that we would all find some much-needed rest and FUN!

Lamentations 2:19 "Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the

night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the

Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..." Praise the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!