Thursday, September 15, 2011

Update

We are still in the h. Day 9. Really not much can bother me now that I know it is not cancer. They have decided that Reese developed hypercalcemia as a result of the Ketogenic Diet. She has been on the diet for 3 years so we do not know why she is suddenly reacting this way. So the plan is to wean her off of the diet (used to control seizures) over the next two months. In the meantime we are starting Pamidronate infusion to keep her calcium levels down. We are starting infusion in the morning and then they will want to monitor her for 24 hours. We should, please oh please, be able to go home Saturday. Please pray that Reese would remain stable, she would not react to the infusion, and that she will not experience any more respiratory complications. And of course no pain.
I am reminded of something Joni Tada says...God, I can't handle this, but you can. I don't have the strength, but you do. I can't, but you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!