Sunday, November 6, 2011

The envelope

A plain white envelope arrived yesterday, addressed to one Reese D'Ortenzio. I recognized the return address as that of a sweet, caring family who often takes good care of us. I figured it was a letter from Lilly, the thoughtful little almost-4-year-old who regularly prays for Reese. To my surprise, it was an invitation to Lilly's 4th Princess Birthday Party. And Reese was invited. Not all the girls, just Reese. Tears poured out of my eyes as I held the magic mirror invitation, not really knowing the reason for my wet cheeks. Then I realized...this is the first birthday party to which Reese has been invited. Without her family, just Reese. How very very touching that is to me. Thank you, Jodie and Lilly. We wouldn't miss it for the world.:)

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, i love your heart. your emotioins and love are very real in your writing. i am so glad to have you as a friend and as someone i look up to.
    love you
    jill b

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. That made my day.:) I love you too, Jill.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time!